The new Corporation Food Hall is now open on Spring Street between 7th and 8th Streets. Right now, it is a “soft opening” and not all the restaurants are open all the time. We stopped in Saturday and really enjoyed the food we tasted.
On The Thirty, an offspring of the popular Sherman Oaks restaurant, was not open for orders, but they were giving away samples of their food. We loved the pizza and can’t wait to go back. Once On The Thirty officially opens, they will also be serving up cocktails at the bar at the back of the hall.
Funculo was up and running, and we got to try their pasta. WOW! The selection is awesome. You can pick the type of pasta you want, and then pick the sauce. We ordered the Spaghetti Bolognese and scrapped the bowl clean. DELICIOUS!
We also devoured the shrimp
Pad Thai from Buddah Belly which was spawned from the popular Thai fusion Arroy food truck. Buddah Belly is a Southeast Asian Kitchen that serves up classic Thai dishes with a delicious modern twist.
There are a total of eight restaurants in the Corporation Food Hall, and we can’t wait to try them all. Rounding out the list…
- Pig Pen Delicacy, a Santa Ana based restaurant, serves up pork-centric comfort food like pork belly fries, pulled pork nachos and a candied bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. Yes, please!
- Soom Soom, a popular Mediterranean on the west side, serves up falafel, shawarma and hummus.
- Poke 2 Go serves up Hawaiian Poke using high quality Tuna, local-sourced ingredients in combination with unique flavors to create Hawaiian style poke in LA.
- Tacos Tu Madres has three other Los Angeles locations that serve up unconventional Mexican food, including Red Velvet churros. I can’t wait!
- Bardonna is a very popular coffee house with four other LA locations. This new DTLA location will serve coffee and teas, plus breakfast and lunch foods.
Each restaurant has a few counter seats and there are high top tables in the center of the hall, but a bulk of the seating is out front in a patio area that looks out to Spring Street. Corporation Food Hall is not as large as Grand Central Market, but the food selection rivals that of the DTLA landmark. Once Corporation Food Hall has its official grand opening, it will be open early for the breakfast crowd and stay open late for the party people.
CORPORATION FOOD HALL 724 South Spring Street (between 7th and 8th Streets) corporationfoodhall.com