Looking for something to do this weekend in DTLA? Check out the return of the Beat Swap Meet in Grand Park on Sunday (June 19th) from noon to 6pm. Beat Swap Meet is the world’s only travelling record show featuring music from all genres, all on vinyl, and everything inspiring from it. This 8th anniversary of the event will include DJs performances by: Planet Asia, Kero Uni, IFTW & Jawa, E Times 2, English Kills and Name Science. And for all you wanna-be DJs, there will be open turntables with workshops on cutting and scratching.
It couldn’t be a music festival without food vendors, right? Several popular DTLA restaurants will be serving up their signature dishes, including:
- Lobster Rolls from EMC Seafood & Raw Bar
- Truffle Burgers, Tacos and Fries from The Bunker Hill Bar & Grill
- Salmon, Tuna Poke Bowls and Sushi Rolls from 3rd Generation Sake Bar
- Chow Mein and Jalapeno Chicken Wings from Wokcano Restaurant & Lounge
- Pan Fried Dumplings, Veggie Egg Rolls, Calamari and BBQ Pork Bun from Triple 8 China Bar & Grill
Admission to the event is FREE (with canned good donation) and open to all ages. Get from information at the event’s Facebook page or at the Grand Park website. Sunday’s going to be HOT… don’t forget your sunscreen!